Monday, June 2, 2008

I thought I should let you know the answer to your prayers... no surgery. That's the short of it. The "long of it" is this:
Friday I finally went to Urgent Care for my knee. I spent over two hours there. The doctor looked at my knee and pushed it and twisted it a little then ordered x-rays. I was a little puzzled because I figured there was no way that it could be broken and me be able to walk on it for a week. So after waiting for the x-ray for a while, I stuck my head out the door and asked the nurse about it when she went by. She said that x-ray was backed up but that I was next. I told her that I had a pre-op appointment in thirty minutes and I didn't understand the need for the x-ray (then I explained why I was questioning it). She said she would check with the doctor. She came back a while later and she said that the doctor said I didn't need an x-ray and he was just going to finish up my chart. The long story short is that they gave me a knee brace and sent me on my way with a hefty prescription for pain medication. My question was and remains, "Why did he order the x-ray if it wasn't necessary? Then I went to pre-op.
At the hospital I got a blood work-up and answered lots questions. When they asked about past surgeries I had to tell them about my heart procedures. This sent them into a tizzy... they did an EKG (which came back good) and we went back to answering questions. The hospital decided that they wanted a release from my cardiologist to do the surgery. I told them that my doctor had that so they called him. My doctor told them that he decided that he wanted a better release than what he had and he wasn't willing to do the surgery.
I was o.k. with the hospital making the decision because they did what they thought was the safest thing to do. Needless to say, I am NOT happy with the doctor! He could have done something during this past month ( the surgery has been scheduled for over a month now) to get the release he wanted or to feel more comfortable about the procedure but instead he waited until I had cleared my schedule for two weeks, wasted over two hours time in the hospital for pre-op and wasted my time and money getting tests done that are now wasted.
All of this is to say, Thank you for your prayers and support for the surgery that will not happen in BG! Crazy! Now I will need to go to work and reschedule people for the next couple of weeks so I don't continue to put them off or lose money by not working. I guess it will all work out, God has a way of making things work out like that! Now I have a little more free time with my children this week and next! God will provide... Thank you again for your support and prayers.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Thanks for the update. I guess my prayers for a safe surgery and fast recovery was answered. Sorry about the headaches, I thought that you had learned your lesson by now about the BG doctors!! Love YOU!! Enjoy your free time.