Friday, June 27, 2008

Almost missed two in a month!

Well, it's almost the end of the month and I've only posted once this month. I figured I better get on it or I would be letting my "regular readers" down! LOL! As I write, the girls and I are preparing to leave for camp. We are excited to say the least! Tyler and Keith are hoping to do some camping themselves. They should have fun too!
It has been a busy month. A month of gifts given beyond measure to some dear friends and blessings removed for reasons we can't understand. The month has been filled with answers to prayers and challenges that bring us to our knees. In spite of it all one thing remains, God is with us! Beyond that, I have no real words of wisdom and I have nothing really to share.
Tyler had Cub Scout camp this week. He went yesterday and had a great time. Today my man cub is not feeling well. His right cheek is twice the size of the left one and his tooth is abscessed. He is in pain and there isn't a thing I can do about it. That doesn't keep him from asking me to help in some way. I feel so helpless.
It reminds me of the time that Tyler had his seizure disorder (although certainly not to the same extent!). He would stop breathing and turn blue and I couldn't do a thing about it. I remember holding him and crying as I reluctently gave him back to God each time by praying, "Please God, You gave him to us, please don't take him yet." Then I would pray that God would comfort me if His answer was to take him now. It was a time of learning that no matter what I do, there was nothing I could do to "fix it". I HAD to rely on God. It's hard to put our trust in someone we can't see. At the same time, what choice do we have?
The funny thing is He earned our trust before we were ever here to know of Him. He knew that our lives would be full of sin and we would have to rely on Him for salvation and He provided. We hadn't even asked yet and He provided the solution. We never even knew how much we would need and He gave it all. How could I not trust that He loves me and cares enough for me to "fix" things for me? Obviously, we serve an AWESOME God!
I hope this post doesn't seem as scattered as I think it sounds. I guess my mind is running circles and I'm trying to grab a piece and hang on! I'm sure I've written enough to confuse you so I'll close for now. I can't wait to go to camp and learn more about Extreme Living in Christ! I need to go finish getting ready... hopefully I'll have more to post when I get back.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I would never think that your mind could run in circles. I love your blog. If you do not hurry your will not make one post for this month, it is the 15th, half the month is already gone and I know you have something to post, its not like you sit at home and stare at four walls, I know you better then that.

I enjoyed camp!!! It was great to spend time with you. Love you!!